Cambridge Recreation Board Meeting August 10, 2017 6:30pm
Cambridge Town Offices
Present: Kevin White, Eric Small, Jon Pinault, Howard Davis, Jeff Spring, Tim Soutiere
Absent: Kate Clark, Peg Davis
- Review of previous meeting minutes.
- No major bills expected until Truegreen field service.
- September 23rd proposed date for Health Center Field work. Rain date of September 30th. Call for volunteers through CYB and FPF. Will need to rent sod-cutter and get estimate for infield material.
- Rec Board will provide portable toilets for Rotary Labor Day Fun Run.
- Rotary looking for gap funding for possible shortfall in Winter Wellness fundraising.
- Jeff S will look into administration of Rec Board Ski & Ride program for this winter with Becky’s departure from the Board.
- Board has unexpended funds from FY2016 and must request allocation for FY2017.
- Greg Stokes to provide GMTCC labor for Little League field dugout construction. Board will solicit donations of material and services. Tim has specs from Babe Ruth dugouts will approach Harrisons for concrete. Kate to approach Parker & Stearns, Eric to GW Tatro. Consider adding a supporter plaque to acknowledge donors.
- Jeff S proposes Labor Day weekend for first Cambridge Discount Day. Eric to prepare promotional materials for discount opportunities discussed at last meeting.
- Howard D followed up with Mark Schilling about tax deductible status for donations of services through the Board, not moving forward at this time.
- Manns Meadow walking path to Maple Street needs vegetation management during the growing season. Kevin will look into adding to mowing and trimming service for other fields.
- Next meeting scheduled for Thursday September 7th at 6:30 at the Town Office.
- Meeting adjourned 7:35pm.